2013 Fuerteventura Windsurfing Clinics with Stephen Gibson
Saturday 23rd March – Saturday 30th March 2013
Saturday 22nd June – Saturday 29th June 2013
Saturday 26th July – Saturday 3rd August 2013
Saturday 17th August – Saturday 24th August 2013
We have four week long dates to coincide firstly with Easter and then the summer holidays for those with families /commitments to term time.
Charter flights to Fuerteventura are available from London Gatwick with Easyjet and Thomas Cook on Wednesday and Saturday, both airlines of which will take windsurf kit at a fixed rate. Please see their website for specific instructions on packing and charges.
You will also find convenient flights from most UK airports on these dates (for example Cardiff and Bristol) and we’ll be happy to organise your transport /transfer once you have your flight times confirmed.
We would recommend that your book your flights ASAP as availability can be limited and the price may increase the closer you get to the departure date.
Luxury accommodation with full facilities is organised close to the town centre and beaches of Corralejo.
Despite the peak times of the clinics and with the inclusion of luxury accommodation and vehicle we price our clinics very reasonably, especially in light of the committed and high level of coaching from Stephen Gibson! Prices listed below per person:-
· Tuition, accommodation, transport (hire car to be shared by four people with two insured drivers) and four evening meals - £499
· Holiday only with all the above except tuition for an adult (over 18) - £350
· Child between 12-18 years - £300
· Child under 12 years - £250
· Tuition only if you organise your holiday at the same time - £160
There is an availability of 10 places per clinic for our inclusive tuition holiday, but should you wish to travel and holiday with friends and /or family that do not windsurf there is plenty of space and availability regarding accommodation and transport and we can assist with your specific needs.
As set out above, please be aware that you will need to book your own flights. We would recommend that as soon as you have booked your place on the clinic that you also book your flight. There are lots of flights available from all major UK airports on the clinic dates and we would ask that you just let us know your flight information as soon as you have this available so that we can arrange airport collections and transport arrangements.
Level and coaching information
Our clinics are aimed at improvers and will be tailored to suit everyone who attends. The one-on-one time will work towards your personal goals and we will team up groups at similar windsurf levels /looking to achieve the similar goals on the days we have. Ideally you will be competent at waterstarting and using the harness /footstraps as a minimum suggestion to work from. At the more advanced end of the spectrum there is nothing that Stephen cannot teach you – from forward and back loops, pushloops, takas, shakas to advanced wave riding depending on what you wish to achieve on your week. Please check out our facebook page to see Stephen’s videos and pictures from previous clinics /training sessions to give you an idea of the sort of windsurfing we do and the high level of instruction you can expect to receive. Take a look at http://gibboinfuerte.blogspot.com/ and http://vimeo.com/user744739/videos for Stephen’s blog and video updates.
Stephen is also assisted by fellow Fanatic /North /ION sponsored pro windsurfer Lucy Robson who will be on hand to provide video footage and photographs and additional coaching.
Previous clinics have seen clients progress to tacking on small waveboards, learning and progressing carve gybes, working on jumps, waveriding and looping.
There is a great variety of spots in both the north and south of the island depending on the conditions, providing everything from waves to flat water freestyle and Stephen’s expert local knowledge gleaned from 17 years on Fuerteventura will ensure that we are always in the right place to make the most of the conditions on offer.
Once you have booked your place on one of the clinic dates we will be able to give specific equipment advice to best advise you individually on what to take and whether to consider bringing your own kit or hiring.
Basic details of the trip and what’s included
· All-inclusive clinic cost - £490pp (hire car transport included being car share or own car for friends /families)
· Kit can be your own which you have brought out on the flight and you have paid excess baggage for or you can hire locally which we can organise at an extra cost
· Afternoon snacks are provided each day on the beach but we would recommend that you bring your own lunch depending on your own dietary requirements
· Accommodation is a luxury villa which includes a pool, hot tub etc and is located only 5 minutes from the beach /town centre for convenience
· We include 4 evening meals in the price (1 BBQ and 3 restaurant meals)
· Nights out including one big Saturday night around the town visiting the local bars
· Light-wind alternatives including Stand-Up Paddle boarding, surfing and golf
· Video and photo feedback (including CD of photos to each member of the tuition group)
· Tuition for all levels over seven days
· Awards ceremony and prizes on the last night
· Daily tuition including one-on-one time working on your specific windsurfing goals with Stephen Gibson