Thursday 7 April 2011

Back In Action (then back out again).

Well, after a 5 week lay off with the shoulder injury (and an ear and chest infection), I finally got back out on the water this week with the boys from SX Watersports www.sxwatersports.com , who came over to spend a week in the warm. Despite the mixed ability levels of the group we managed to score great conditions for everyone, ranging from lightish wind at Waikiki (ideal for Pete and Mo´s tacking classes), to 35 knots at Sotavento where the advanced sailors, Chris and Mike, got to grips with vulcans and 360s, and Mo overcame that formidable hurdle the waterstart. In the wide range of conditions, everyone´s sailing improved noticeably over the week and I think they were a pretty happy bunch as they dragged themselves onto that aeroplane yesterday- shattered! We even managed to get two sessions of SUPing in on day 3 at Majanicho and Rocky Point, in case they weren´t going to be tired enough as it was... The only downside to a fantastic week of good sailing and great craic was that my shoulder tore again on the last day and it´s agony again, so it´s back to the drawing board- physio and rest to try and be OKish for the Easter Clinic next starting weekend, gonna be a close one. A huge well-done to the four lads who literally gave it their all for six consecutive days and I hope they all enjoyed it as much as I did (except for the shoulder bit, obviously)- hope you get some wind soon so you can bust out your new stunts....





No comments:

Post a Comment




Welcome to the site!
Aswell as regular features and news updates from Fuerte, I am going to be using this site to promote my windsurfing clinics.
After 15 years on the island,having competed in the PWA freestyle world cup and now representing Fanatic Boards and North Sails, I have decided to give something back to the sport which has given me so much over the years.
My aim is to provide clinics "tailor-made"for each individual, with a strong emphasis on practical in-the-water instruction, backed up by on-the-beach tuition and video analysis. The consistent conditions here in Fuerte make learning so much easier and, perhaps equally important, more fun than the typically inconsistent, cold UK - why not come over for a week and improve your windsurfing by a year!!!

I can help with any manoeuvres from carve-gybe through to advanced jumping and freestyle, just email me with your wish list and we'll take it from there! Over the next few months, I am going to be video-chronicling manoeuvres which you can check out on the right in my tricktionary sections. This will give you some idea of the things we can work on, or, if you can't make it over here, you may find them useful to help understand and break down a manoeuvre you would like to learn (hopefully, the slow-mo will help in this respect!).Just click on the trick and scroll down..........
Anyway, keep checking it out as I have loads more in my bag of tricks and will be updating as and when I get the footage.
If you're interested, e-mail me on gibboinfuerte@yahoo.co.uk
See ya in Fuerte?
Stephen.............